Reach Psychology Team currently consists of 5 skilled Assistant Psychologists, a number of enthusiastic psychology volunteers and a supervising Clinical Psychologist. Our services are spread throughout the organisation including Mental Health, Homeless, LD, DV, Chinese, and Young People services.
What is an Assistant Psychologist?
Assistant Psychologists carry out specific types of psychological assessment and intervention under the supervision of a fully qualified Clinical, Counseling or Health Psychologist.
What do Assistant Psychologists do?
- Protocol based psychological assessment
- Psychological case formulation and treatment planning
- Supervised delivery of simple procedures relating to psychological therapy
- Co-ordinating and running of therapeutic groups and workshops
- Multi-disciplinary function – assisting in the design of customer care plans
- Training and supporting of other staff in psychological aspects of support
Referrals to Psychology
- Customers who are referred to psychology services are carefully assessed to determine if or how the customer will benefit from psychology’s involvement
- Not all customers with mental health concerns will be candidates for our psychology service
- Where appropriate, referrals to more specialist providers will be made
- Suitable candidates are provided with individual or group-based psychological intervention (or a combination of the two)
- Workshops dealing with a range of psychological well-being topics are also available
- To ensure confidentiality and high standards of practice, all psychological services are conducted in private professional venues (this excludes public settings and the customer’s home)
Psychological services are aimed at facilitating the customer’s desired change goals. However, to remain effective, psychologists must position the customer as responsible for their own change process. This responsibility includes making and keeping appointments. Accessing psychology services should therefore be driven by the customer. This ensures motivation levels are high and that customers will ultimately reach their desired goals. We therefore recommend that customers be supported in making contact with us themselves – even when they have been referred by a member of staff.
Feel free to contact us should you have any further questions: 0121 226 5800